Archive for the ‘Logging’ Category
We have published the latest edition of The syslog-ng Store Box 3 LTS Administrator Guide. SSB can now forward messages to an SNMP destination, and is powered by a 64-bit operating system. Message rate alerting is available, to detect abnormalities. SSB can now search for wildcards and boolean expressions, and rewrite parts of the messages using rewrite rules.
The documents are now available on the BalaBit Documentation Page in PDF, HTML and single-page HTML versions.
The most significant changes to the document have been described in the Announcement, Whatsnew and also the Summary of changes section of the document. These include new features, stability and performance improvements, and other changes.
- Description of the Don’t parse messages has been added to Procedure Creating message sources in SSB.
- Figures Configuring SNMP and e-mail alerting; Default message sources in SSB; Configuring syslog-ng options; Configuring persistent name resolution; Configuring TLS settings for syslog-ng; Creating database destinations; Creating server destinations; Displaying search information; Displaying statistics; Creating a new logstore; Creating a new text logspace and Creating new message sources have been updated.
- Figures Creating an early time alert; Using the master alert to indicate unexpected events and Modifying messages using rewrite have been added to the document.
- Alerts Message rate was outside the specified limits and Too many message rate alerts were generated have been added to Section Alerts related to syslog-ng.
- The list of sources in Section Default message sources in SSB has been updated with the BSDsyslog (legacy TCP) protocol.
- Procedure Configuring message rate alerting has been added to the document.
- Section Using wildcards and boolean search has been added to the document.
- Procedure Modifying messages using rewrite has been added to the document.
- Procedure Preventing disk space fill up has been added to the document.
- Procedure Restoring configuration from a configuration backup has been added to the document.
- Section Default message sources in SSB has been updated with new default ports.
- Section Supported web browsers and operating systems has been updated with new supported and tested browsers.
- Section Statistics collection options has been updated.
- Rate limiting has been removed from Procedure Creating message sources in SSB.
- The troubleshooting section has been moved to Troubleshooting SSB.
- A warning has been added to Procedure Configuring e-mail alerts.